Inland & Ocean Marine Insurance

Inland marine insurance covers goods in transit, whether it’s by land or sea.

ThinkstockPhotos-176954294ThinkstockPhotos-464571567 ThinkstockPhotos-153560388

Inland marine insurance was originally created for goods transported over water, but nowadays it is a must for anyone whose business has “moveable parts.” What does that mean? If some of your business property is regularly transported and used elsewhere, it may not be covered under your regular policy.

Inland marine coverage is useful in a variety of industries and professions where you transport your own tools, equipment or property:

  • Construction and other contractors
  • Photographers
  • Business professionals (computers)
  • Any industry where your inventory is cargo on a truck

If you spent the time to make an investment in your business by purchasing certain goods or tools, it only makes sense to protect them. Certain things may be rare, expensive or vital to the day-to-day operations of your business and if they disappeared, you could be in a lot of trouble.

If you’d like to learn more about inland marine insurance and whether or not it would be a worthwhile purchase for your Minnesota business, call Preferred Insurance Services today at 877-410-3144.